Teach like a Pirate!!!

Dave Burgess is a wonderful and inspiring educator who I’ve had the pleasure to meet twice in person at the National Council for the Social Studies Conference. I have also been in contact with dave multiple times on twitter and #sschat. I am so excited to share that he has just released his first book, Teach Like a Pirate: Increase Student Engagement, Boost Your Creativity, and Transform Your Life as an Educator. It is  available on Amazon!!

I created several lessons after attending one of his amazing and overcrowded NCSS presentation in Baltimore. Dave’s  teaching techniqnies challenges you to design interesting and enagaging lessons for your students. He is the type of teacher that makes you want to be a better teacher.

His book is based on his  “Outrageous Teaching” and “Teach Like a PIRATE” seminars. It offers inspiration, practical techniques, and innovative ideas that will help you to increase student engagement, boost your creativity, and transform your life as an educator.

You’ll learn how to:

• Tap into and dramatically increase your passion as a teacher

• Develop outrageously engaging lessons that draw students in like a magnet

• Establish rapport and a sense of camaraderie in your classroom

• Transform your class into a life-changing experience for your students This groundbreaking inspirational manifesto contains over 30 hooks specially designed to captivate your class and 170 brainstorming questions that will skyrocket your creativity.

Once you learn the Teach Like a PIRATE system, you’ll never look at your role as an educator the same again.  So True!!!

Check out Dave’s blog or book today.

print

3 Comments
  1. Wow! Thank you, Melissa. I’m honored that you’ve reviewed and recommended my book. I love learning with and from you on Twitter and I can’t wait to learn more at your mobile devices session at NCSS in Seattle this year. (Sorry about the overcrowded thing last year…this year the room will be bigger!)

2. Pingback: Dave Burgess – Outrageous Teaching Seminars