About Me

My name is Melissa Seideman. I currently teach 12th grade Government/Economics, Sociology, and AP Government and Politics in New York.  I have been teaching for nine years in both New York and Pennsylvania. I have experience teaching U.S. History (7th, 8th, and 11th grade), Economics, AP Government and Politics, Global II, Sociology, and U.S. History through Film.

I grew up in Boonton New Jersey. I earned a Bachelors Degree in Social Studies Education at Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York. While teaching full-time in both Geneva, NY and Trumansburg, NY I earned my Master’s Degree in Inclusive Special Education at the University of New England. My husband and I live in Poughkeepsie, NY with our two adorable rescue dogs.

My goal is to help my students fall in love with history and technology the way I have.  I believe that technology reaches students in a way that other mediums can not.  It ignites a fire, a desire to learn, and gives them the ability to express themselves in meaningful ways.

I started this blog as a professional outlet to share my ideas and reflect on my teaching practice. My goal is that my blog can provide teachers with resources that can excite a student’s love of learning. I am a strong advocate that technology can meet student needs, engages them, and help them to be the best learner they can be.

I am a co-leader of #sschat on Twitter. Please join us for an engaging chat with wonderful social studies teachers on Monday Night’s at 7 PM EST. Follow the hashtag #sschat I hope to see you there!

Contact Me

Melissa Seideman 

Email Me: Here 

Courtesy of ProkoschPhotography.com

PicCollage

Professional Experience