Change the way your student’s watch videos with Zaption!

Zaption is a wonderful program I learned about this week. It is truly changing the way students view videos. Teachers can quickly add images, text, quizzes, and even discussions to existing videos from youtube, vimeo, or other private videos. I plan on using this program to flip my classroom. Instead of having them just watch a video they can now be fully engaged with the video. Zaption allows you to display questions for students to answer as they watch a video. Teachers can get immediate feedback on how students interact with the content and understand key concepts.

Here is a sample video for my sociology class on gender stereotypes and expectations

To create a quiz on Zaption you start by creating a “tour” in your account. A tour is a collection of videos, images, and text. Zaption allows users to add videos from YouTube, Vimeo, PBS, or National Geographic. After selecting your video you can start and pause the video where you want to add a question. When students watch the video they will see questions appear during the paused video.

Screen Shot 2014-07-10 at 1.55.53 PM

print
2 Comments
  1. Can we have the answers to the zaption quiz? Great post I can’t wait to incorporate it into my classes.