Future me: Send an email in the future

My very first teaching position was at a challenging district. Some of my kids in my first period/homeroom class were looking to graduate and some were hoping to get out of high school alive. It was a very interesting year and I learned so much from my first class. The very last day of school I had them write a letter to themselves in the future. These letters are collecting dust in a storage bin at the bottom of my bed in my parents house. I will mail them in the next month or so. I hope they achieved their goals and I hope the letters give them a chance to reflect on their childhood dreams. 

I discovered an interesting website called Future Me from the Kevin Hodgeson’s Blog Instructify. You provide the email address, add a subject line, write a note to your future self, and then choose when it should get delivered. You may designate your emails private or public, and there is a gallery of interesting public emails.

A great time to use FutureMe would be at the  end of the school year to write a letter to yourself when you are a senior in high school or about the graduate college. It may start some interesting discussions about the future!

print