Turning lessons into life-changing lessons with Dave Burgess on #sschat Mon. 12/17

I have had the privilege of meet Dave Burgess in Denver, Colorado;  Washington, D.C., San Diego, California; and Seattle, Washington. I have also had many conversations with Dave on Twitter through #sschat and #satchat. I guess you could say I would be a in the “Dave Fan Club,” if there was one. Dave is truly a teacher who makes me want to be a better educator. He is inspiring, entertaining, and a good friend.

What Makes Dave Special?

Dave is not only passionate about his job and students, but passionate about life. He is a highly sought after for professional development because of his creative, entertaining, and outrageous style. His workshops inspire teachers and help them to develop practical ways to be creative and engaging in classroom. I  have implemented numerous ideas from his workshops into my classroom; as well as thought of my own ideas inspired by Dave’s presentations. I wish we had more Dave’s in the world!

I am honored to announce that Dave Burgess will be hosting #sschat on Monday, December 17th at 7 PM EST.  Please join us for an engaging and inspiring discussion on “Turning Lessons into Life-Changing Lessons.” 

More about Dave

He is the author of the book, Teach Like A PIRATEBesides dressing like a pirate at conferences, Dave is a full time teacher at West Hills High School in San Diego and a semi-professional magician specializing in stand-up comedy magic. He was a 2001 and 2012 Golden Apple recipient in the Grossmont Union High School District and the 2007/2008 Teacher of the Year at West Hills. He has been voted a faculty standout for sixteen consecutive years in categories such as: Most Entertaining, Most Energetic, and Most Dramatic. He specializes in teaching hard-to-reach, hard-to-motivate students with techniques that incorporate showmanship and creativity.

You can contact Dave at outrageousteaching@gmail.com or visit his website.

print