Preparing for the Oath with the Smithsonian

At the beginning of every school year I use some form of US Citizenship test to assess my students background knowledge of U.S. Government and U.S. history. I usually give a paper version of the quiz on the first day of school, but next year thanks to @Larryferlazzo  and his wonderful blog, I now have a digital version to supplement with my lesson. The Smithsonian along with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, has just unveiled Preparing For The Oath.

It is a great resource for people preparing to take the U.S. citizenship exam but it is also an interesting and fun way to learn about U.S. history and government.  Preparing For The Oath  is a wonderful web-based learning tool that can provide students with an interactive practice exam, videos, and other activities that use sources from the Smithsonian’s collection and exhibition. The website offers a 100 MC practice questions from the naturalization test, lesson plans for teachers, definitions, and narration that can be transcribed for all learners. Check it out today!

print
One Comment
  1. Pingback: Preparing for the Oath with the Smithsonian by @mseideman | TeacherCast Blog