Jing it

I can’t not even begin to count the countless hours I have spent over the phone teaching my parents to use technology. I taught my parents to use Facebook, send an attachment, upload photos, and even create a Google doc spreadsheet for my father’s business. I have spent numerous hours explaining how to do each step over the phone walking them through each step. If only I knew Jing could solve all my problems and explained it in a matter of minutes 🙂 rather than hours 🙁

Jing is a fast and easy way to capture images and create videos of what you see on your screen. Jing is free software you can use to make a narrated video (if you have a microphone) showing how to do something on a computer. It records your mouse, and everything you click on and show on your screen. Karen had been teaching lessons using a computer and LCD projector.

I am making tutorials explaining and demonstrating the different steps to make a documentary video in class. I will post the screen captured tutorials on a website for my students. After I have saved each video tutorial, I can add arrows or captions to the windows to highlight important features. This feature can allow you to personalize instructions for each student. The best part about Jing is that you can download this neat program off the internet for FREE.

For more information: What is Jing?

print