Dropbox is wonderful!

Five reasons I started to use Dropbox for storage at school!

1. Worry Free Backup.  Because Dropbox is continually running on my computer, I know that any files that I save into it are instantly backed up securely to Dropbox’s servers.  If my hard drive were to crash today, I would be able to easily retrieve my files, even those I worked on this morning.
  2. Restoring Previous Versions.  Anything in the Dropbox folder can be restored to a previous version, even if you deleted the file.  While I don’t use this feature very often, the times that I have used it have saved hours of rework.
  3. Public File Sharing. Whenever I have to send a large attachment in an email, instead of worrying if the receiver’s email server will reject it due to attachment size (some do), I upload the file to Dropbox and use the built-in public link tool to simply send a link to the recipient, where they can download the file at their convenience.  This has also been nice when I want to share photos with people after an event.
  4. Collaborating with Others.  When working with another teacher, it helps to have access to the same files, so we can share a folder just between us via Dropbox.  You can create a permanent folder with other teachers in your department.  This also is useful between family members, as I can just drop a file into the folder that I share with my husband.
  5. Instant Mobile Viewing. There is a lot a mobile device can do, and storing a massive amount of files is not one of them.  I can store all of my documents within Dropbox, and whenever I need to view them on the go, I can use the Dropbox App to download them only when I need to view them. You can also instantly take a file and share it with a student.

Check our Dropbox today!

print

One Comment
  1. Pingback: 10 Best Apps in the Classroom | Brookdale Community College